Friday 8 November 2013

Social Media Sites Increase their Influence in the Search World

If your marketing strategy still doesn’t include a social media angle, the time to start looking to incorporate one is now. Search through Google and other search engines still drives a large percentage of traffic to websites, proper SEO practices are important. The emerging trend amongst the newest internet users – the ones who will have buying power soon – is using social media sites to discover new websites.

How social media is replacing search

To give a real life example, I frequently log into my Facebook and Twitter accounts to find interesting stories to read. You may say that I’m half interested in the lives of my friends and contacts, and the other half of me is interested in the content, and websites, that they are sharing with me in my feeds.
To give you more solid numbers than my own approximation, a study from Forrester found that 50% of internet users ages 18 to 23 used social networks as their primary means of discovering websites. If your target age range is higher than that it is no reason to ignore this stat as 43% of users ages 24 to 32 also used social media as their go to source for finding websites and content online.

 Read More : Social Media Sites Increase their Influence in the Search World

No comments:

Post a Comment