Wednesday 6 November 2013

Basic PPC Tips described by pubcon 2013

Pubcon in Las Vegas is one of the most fun conferences you can attend. Obviously there are the myriad entertainment options in Las Vegas and all the awesome after-hours networking events, but I’ll focus on the main reason I was there; the conference itself.

Pubcon Day 1

The first session I attended was by Mona Elesseily and she was talking about default settings in AdWords that you need to change. My favorites were these:
  • Ad rotation – Set to rotate indefinitely
  • Mobile is NOT desktop – Bid down mobile appropriately. Write mobile specific ads
  • Keyword matching – Do not include close variants
During a slow session time I went down to the live review room and had Kate Morris, Steve Hammer & Kate O’Neill look at a campaign I’m running right now. Many of their observations were in accordance with what we’re currently planning to do, but as I answered a few questions about the offer, they pointed out a benefit that I had been overlooking.

Takeaway: Get another set of eyes on your accounts & campaigns.

Hardcore PPC Tactics was the best PPC session of the conference, which is expected when you’ve got Brad Geddes, John Ellis & David Szetela on the same panel.

Read More : Pubcon PPC Tips

No comments:

Post a Comment